TITLE: TREASURER OF SCHOOL MONEYS
1. Employment as municipal custodian of moneys or tax collector, as prescribed by law.
2. Bonded for faithful performance of duties
REPORTS TO: Board of Education
JOB GOAL: To handle all of the district's moneys, accounting for all receipts and expenditures.
1. Serves as the custodian of school moneys, to receive, promptly deposit and hold in trust within the officially designated depositories all moneys paid to the school district.
2. Pays out school moneys only on warrants made payable to the person entitled to receive payment. Ensures that the object for which the warrant is issued is specified and that the warrant is signed by the board president, the board secretary/business administrator and the treasurer.
3. Receives school employee payrolls and issues a warrant for the full amount of each payroll certified by the board president and the board secretary/business administrator; deposits the warrants in a separate payroll account; and issues individual checks drawn on such accounts to each employee.
4. Keeps in the books provided for that purpose a record of the sums received and paid out by him/her in accordance with the bookkeeping system prescribed by the state board of education. This record must be up to date, accurately maintained and reconciled with bank statements monthly.
5. Renders a monthly report to the board giving a detailed account of all receipts, the amounts of all warrants issued, the accounts from which they were drawn and the balance in each account.
6. Renders an annual report to the board at the close of the school year showing the amounts received and disbursed during the school year, and files a copy of the report with the executive county superintendent.
7. Pays over the balance of school funds in his/her hands to his/her successor.
8. Performs such other duties in fulfillment of his/her general responsibilities as may be required by law or prescribed by the board of education in accordance with law.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Appointed in accordance with law. Salary to be determined annually by the board.
ANNUAL EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with NJ State law and the provisions of the board’s policy on evaluations.
Apply to John Bolil
Woodstown, NJ 08098
or e-mail email@example.com
856-769-0101, ext. 5312